Weapon Overview[edit | edit source]
Tactics[edit | edit source]
In many respects, the Light Pistol and Heavy Pistol are very similar. Both are quick, semi-automatic handguns ideal for close range encounters with the enemy. Both weapons are also effective companions to a longer-ranged Primary, like the Bolt-Action Rifle or the Combat Rifle. Thanks to its higher damage the Heavy Pistol is typically more effective in most combat scenarios.
The Heavy Pistol's greatest flaw is its decreased ammunition count. Available with 8-round magazines by default, the Heavy Pistol carries 4 rounds less than the Light Pistol. This means that while more effective in one-on-one gunfights with single hostiles, the Heavy Pistol suffers when having to deal with small groups of enemies. Its slower reload speed worsens this condition.
When using this weapon, remember to use your HRV often, and avoid groups of enemies whenever possible. Pick off lone hostiles one by one, and stick to areas with large amounts of cover.
Ammunition[edit | edit source]
The Heavy Pistol has 5 different magazines available.
Premade Versions[edit | edit source]
- Foiche x-2 'Headhunter'
- Vulcan Holo 'Phalanx'
- Frontier R.6 'Mauler'
- Krane Z9000 'Inhibitor'
- Krane 'Opportunity Maker' (Hero Weapon of MARS)
- Krane XS-V2 'Grendel' (Hero Weapon of Grendel)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Heavy Pistol was once called the .45 Pistol, but was renamed in a game update, in order to follow the naming format of the Light Pistol.
- The Heavy Pistol is an almost exact copy of the Colt M1911 Pistol, designed prior to World War I for the US Army. Famed for its legendary stopping power and reliability, the M1911 is still in use by many world armies and Special Forces even a century after its introduction.
- The Heavy Pistol's former name, the .45 Pistol, was a reference to the .45 ACP cartridge that was designed specifically for the M1911.